It had taken me years to finally note how often Hawke had risked his well-being for me—risks that the Veil did not allow. Because of choices made to protect me from forces I did not understand, he had become a tiger cornered in too small a cage.
Out in the Wild: Gilded Love & All The Sales
Because spamming you all with review links would be totally awesome and also not so helpful to your state of mind, I’ve decided to collect them all here in this posting. I know, I know, I am nothing if not extremely thoughtful and kind.
You just roll with it.
- Addicted 2 Heroines says, “I’ve become emotionally invested in her story’s outcome and I’m anxious to see what Cooper will deliver next.”
- The Book Tart posted an excerpt, and decked herself out in a steampunk-inspired outfit to review Tarnished on her vlog. (Contest!)
- Romanceaholic loved Gilded, giving it a solid 5 stars and saying, “I’m dying to see where Ms. Cooper takes these characters, and have no doubt in my mind that whatever she has planned is going to blow my mind. Even better than the first book, I would recommend this for any fan of steampunk, multifaceted characters, and intriguing mystery.”
- Beth at Paranormal Haven started reading the series with Gilded, but despite her mild confusion about Tarnished’s events, opines, “I often say, ‘yea, that novel didn’t go far enough.’ That’s not true here. I was pleasantly surprised by how far it went.” (Contest!)
- This isn’t a review, so much as a bit of fun for all of you. Over at Literary Escapism, Cherry has a brush with the modern-day Black Friday. (Contest!)
- Blood of the Wicked: the first in the Dark Mission series. Jessie Leigh and Silas Smith are caught up in a plot that will begin the war that fractures New Seattle. » Kindle | Nook | iTunes | Sony
- No Rest for the Witches: the second novella in the Dark Mission series (between Lure of the Wicked and All Things Wicked), following the exploits of Silas, Jessie, Phin and Naomi as they struggle to find some footing on the chessboard of New Seattle. » Kindle | Nook | iTunes | Sony
- Tarnished: the first of the St. Croix Chronicles introduces Cherry St. Croix, a Society miss by day and collector, or bounty hunter, by night. Mystery, madness and murder haunt her footsteps. » Kindle | Nook | iTunes | Sony
Did I miss a sale or review? Let me know! I tried to keep up, but you are all so fiendishly energetic, I’m sure I missed something today!
Cherry St. Croix is at it again!
The best Boxing Day gift I ever got—or gave!—is right here. Now out in the wild, Gilded is available at your local bookstore (hopefully, if distribution was kind) and at your favorite e-book vendor of choice.
With all the love I have, I hope you enjoy Cherry’s latest exploits in a re-imagined London where nothing is quite so simple as it seems.
RT Book Reviews gives Gilded 4.5 stars and calls it a Top Pick!, saying, “The gritty world of steampunk London is written in such delicious detail… This is definitely a series to follow closely.”
Once more produced by Book Candy Studios, the curtain rises on the trailer for GILDED, the second of The St. Croix Chronicles. Return to Victorian London, where Cherry St. Croix must juggle too many lives, too many debts, too many secrets—and see what happens as they all come tumbling down.
RT Book Reviews gives it 4.5 stars and calls it a Top Pick!, saying, “The gritty world of steampunk London is written in such delicious detail… This is definitely a series to follow closely.”
Gilded: the St. Croix Chronicles
Return to the adventure December 26th, 2012…
…Where Cherry St. Croix’s choices will change her life forever.
Don’t go far! I’ll be revealing the full trailer, all more-than-one-minute-long of it, soon!
You can’t click on the link yet because it won’t go live on the website until next month, but a top insider (i.e. anyone with access to the print magazine!) can see Gilded in this month’s edition of RT Book Reviews.
My girl Ali, who likes poking her nose into the print magazine every month (as one should!), called me up to say RT gave the second St. Croix Chronicles book four and a half stars and the month’s TOP PICK!
I’m so thrilled, I can’t even tell you. Tarnished was the magazine’s TOP PICK! for its category when it came out, and I’m just so tickled and happy and filled with joy that Cherry continues to enthrall.
So, if you’ll excuse me… Eeeeeeeeeeeee!
Kind of a Big Deal
I know you’ve heard that Gilded is coming out December 26th (which you can totes pre-order), right? But I bet there’s a bunch of you who haven’t yet gotten ‘round to checking out the first in The St. Croix Chronicles.
You know what? You have excellent timing! Because Tarnished is going on epic sale.
From 11/28 to 12/24, the Kindle edition of Tarnished: the St. Croix Chronicles will be dropping to 99 cents. Starting tomorrow, you can get the first in the series at this crazy low holiday price and read it just in time for Gilded!
Now isn’t that just the best ever?
Edit: Looks like Amazon hasn’t gotten around to lowering the price yet. The promotion officially starts December 2nd, so keep checking back!
Q:Can you tell us what the next Cherry St. Croix book will be about? Will Micajah be in it? A lot? Sans clothes?
Hi, pretty, pretty anonymous one!
The next Cherry book, strictly speaking, is Gilded, which I mention over here. It comes out December 26th, and if you want to make my Christmas very merry and yours very Cherry, you can pre-order it at all your usual spots! What is it about?
It’s about choices. It’s about having to take a good, hard look at where you are in life and deciding if that’s where you want to be, if what you want is worth it, or if it’s time to pull up your big girl knickers and make the choice that’s best for what you need.
It’s about sacrifice, and growing up, or… if it’s not about growing up, it’s about the chance to do so, and the choice Cherry will make when it comes down to it.
And on a lighter note, it’s totally about murder.
But not so much science, this time. Cherry’s been too busy, see, and Teddy’s left London with the end of the Season. What’s a bored Society miss to do?
Will it have Micajah Hawke in it? Not as much as you’d want, I’ll bet. But don’t give up hope! Because I have plans for Cherry and Company that will take them into much, much darker territory than any of them had hoped. With a murderer or two on the loose and Cherry’s rather determined state of mind, there’s no telling how much trouble is going to fall.
And, oh, fine, yes. Though you won’t see much skin in Gilded, I promise you’ll see some in Corroded.
Now that’s the question.
Ask Anything Wednesday
Ask me your burning questions (but not questions about burning, because I don’t know for sure, it may be something you ate or rubbed up against and have you tried a doctor? or IcyHot, I hear that works…) and I shall answer them all Wednesday long, spaced out until 6pm PST.
Anything that won’t fit in the time slot will be answered next week, and so on. Really! Ask away.
‘Tis The Season (to Collect a Murderer)
Fa la la la la, la la, la la!
As we’re headed into the holiday season, now’s the perfect time to delve into a city that might just be grayer, colder dirtier and definitely more dangerous than yours. Victorian London is no easy mark—and Cherry St. Croix, reluctant Society miss and reckless collector extraordinaire, isn’t going to take her troubles lying down.
In Tarnished, the first in this sexy steampunk intrigue, we are introduced to our intrepid heroine by way of a collection gone sideways. Just when things look to be at their worst… they get even worse than that. Ouch. Gilded brings right back where we left her, a little worse for wear and twice as stubborn.
You’ll have plenty of time to curl up by the fire—or, if you’re feeling particularly Christmasy, next to the lit-up tree!—mulled wine in hand, and devour Tarnished. It’ll be a great excuse to drown out the bickering family! Or you can go for storytime, if there are no little ears present to twitch at every mention of bloody bells and damn. (To say nothing of an “exorcism by orgasm”—what?! You know you want to see it.)
Gilded won’t leave you hanging for long! Released December 26th, it’s the perfect after-Christmas release. (Heh heh, she said “release”.) Spend your post-holiday, pre-New Year week enmeshed in conspiracy, murder and, yes, a little bit of lovelorn angst. But I promise you—she won’t be angsting long. (Gasp! What does that even mean? You’ll have to read it and find out!)
So, what do you say? Are you going to have (or even gift someone) a very Cherry Christmas?
Tarnished: the St. Croix Chronicles #1
Gilded: the St. Croix Chronicles #2